- 7 pm
- First and Third Monday of each month
- Town Hall Council Chambers
19721 Beall St.
Poolesville MD 20837
Ms. Kerri Cook
Parks & Streets Liaison
Mrs. Valaree Dickerson
Event Committee Liaison
Mr. Jerome Klobukowski
Mr. Martin Radigan
Planning Commission Liaison
Mr. James Brown
Fair Access Liaison
Speaking at Commissioners Meetings
Citizen attendance and participation in Commissioners meetings is highly encouraged. In consideration of Poolesville’s small town nature, meetings are run in a very cordial and participatory manner.
Commissioners of Poolesville
The Town of Poolesville is a commission form of government, as defined in the Town Charter, consisting of five unpaid elected Commissioners. The Commissioners are all voted at-large. All Commissioners serve four-year staggered terms.
The five elected Commissioners choose a president and a vice president. The president of the Commissioners, or the vice president in case of the absence of the president, is the head of the Town government with the duties and responsibilities specified in the charter.
The Commissioners are elected representatives of the Town and have many statutory duties including, but not limited to:
- Adopting ordinances, resolutions, policies, entering into contracts
- Approving and adopting the city’s financial operations with the advice of staff including:
- Adopting a budget
- Borrowing money
- Designating depositories
- Levying taxes
- Appointing members to the various Boards and Commissions
- Plan for the future of the Town through development and adopting a Master Plan for growth
- Provide community leadership
- Acts as the Economic Development Authority and has specific powers and duties
The Commissioners have many other responsibilities in the following areas:
- Actions at law