Select Page

Zoning Code Compliance Permit / Change in Use

A Zoning Code Compliance Permit is required for the following types of activity:


  • Construction, reconstruction, erection, extension, enlargement, conversion, or structural alteration of any building, including accessory structures;
  • Change in use of an existing building or accessory structure to use a different classification;
  • Occupancy and use of vacant land and existing structures;
  • Change in the use of land to a use of a different classification;
  • Any change is legally nonconforming use;
  • Fences (commercial and resident); and
  • Any temporary uses as defined under the Zoning Ordinance of the Town of Poolesville.