The process for submitting a building permit:
- The building permit process start in Poolesville with the submission of a Zoning Code Compliance Permit.
- Below is the list of requirements for different types of permits.
- The Town must approve the Zoning Code Compliance Permit.
- Once the Zoning Code Compliance Permit is approved, it shall be submitted with your plans to Montgomery County.
- All building permits, except those for a fence, must be submitted to Montgomery County Department of Permitting Services.
How Do I Apply For :
A Zoning Code Compliance Permit is required for the following types of activity:
- Construction, reconstruction, erection, extension, enlargement, conversion, or structural alteration of any building, including accessory structures;
- Change in use of an existing building or accessory structure to use a different classification;
- Occupancy and use of vacant land and existing structures;
- Change in the use of land to a use of a different classification;
- Any change is legally nonconforming use;
- Fences (commercial and resident); and
- Any temporary uses as defined under the Zoning Ordinance of the Town of Poolesville.