Readily accessible in western Montgomery County, the small but economically vibrant town of Poolesville, Maryland is wide open for business… and ready to accommodate your business. Take advantage of a great working atmosphere for your employees and a great place to do business! Zoning changes and a business-friendly town government are among the current factors that have made this an ideal time for prospective businesses to discover all the benefits of locating and doing business in Poolesville.
Poolesville is Business-Friendly!
As a business member in Poolesville, you will experience:
- The benefits of being on the outskirts of Washington, D.C., but away from the hustle and bustle.
- A business-friendly town government with a fast-track permitting system with no red tape.
- An affluent and highly-educated resident population and consumer base.
- Easy “reverse commute” for your employees.
- A commitment to green initiatives, including the recent completion of a new solar array project, to help generate energy for the town.
- Opportunity to join the fast-growing Poolesville Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Innovative municipal enhancements, including a recently completed street scape program and fiber-optic capabilities to ensure high-speed Internet access throughout town.
- Proximity to Poolesville High School – ranked by Newsweek as the premiere public high school in Maryland.
- Small-town environment, with year-round community events, providing opportunities for business involvement and marketing.
- Surrounded by the beauty and resources of Montgomery County’s famed agricultural reserve, with its active farming, equestrian industry and open space.
- Easy access to Poolesville Golf Course, Sugarloaf Mountain, the Potomac River, C&O Canal, and other recreational amenities.
Poolesville is Affordable!
- Business Occupancy Permit – $25 (compared to $440+ for Montgomery County).
- Lower commercial space costs than comparable properties in other parts of the county.
- Lower costs for zoning amendment requests.
- Newly approved commercial zoning, allowing for greater flexibility.
- Ten straight years without any increase in local property rate.
Poolesville is Accessible!
- Rockville – 17 miles (average 29 minutes)
- Gaithersburg – 15 miles (25 minutes)
- Germantown – 12.5 miles (20 minutes)
- Frederick – 21 miles (33 minutes)
- Leesburg, Va. via Whites Ferry – 11 miles (40 minutes)
- Downtown Washington D.C. – 30 miles (50 minutes)
- Baltimore – 57 miles (1 hour 5 minutes)
- Arlington, Va. – 33 miles (47 minutes)
Other Transportation Options:
- Poolesville to Shady Grove Metro Station – 17 miles
- Poolesville to MARC Train Station – 5 miles
- Poolesville to White’s Ferry – 6 miles
- Poolesville to the Intercounty Connector – 17 miles
- Poolesville is served by Montgomery County Ride-On Bus Route