Select Page
Starting a Business

Are you ready to start a business in Poolesville? Or, are you just thinking about it and looking for information? The following information will help you get started.


Check the Town’s Zoning Code Compliance Permit to make sure that the type of business you want to open is allowed in Town.

(Also, getting a zoning variance in Poolesville is much simpler and less expensive then in the rest of the county!)


A Montgomery County Fire Inspection.
Their phone number is 311 or 240-777-2441. 

If an inspection is required, you must submit that report with your Occupancy Permit Application.


Please review the Zoning Ordinance for information regarding signs.  All signs and banners require a Sign Permit, and must be approved by Town Staff.