Trash & Recycling
Trash Collection & Recycling Services
Trash Collection and recycling services are performed by Bates Disposal and Recycling . Trash collection is every Monday and Thursday except some holidays. Recycling is single stream recycling and is picked up every Wednesday, except some holidays. Yard waste collection is every Wednesday. All items must be placed curbside by 7 am on the scheduled pick up day.
Holidays to be observed are New Year’s Day, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. If the holiday falls on a regular collection day, the collection shall take place on the next regularly scheduled collection day.
Each owner, occupant or other responsible person shall provide metal, durable rubber or durable plastic refuse containers. The refuse containers shall be strong, durable and rodent, bird, and insect proof. Furthermore, except for containers which may be handled mechanically, the combined weight of any refuse container and its contents shall not exceed 60 pounds.Within 12 hours after these containers have been emptied they shall be removed by the owner away from the street line until the next scheduled collection.
Bates provides specific recycling containers that are clearly defined as recycling containers and must be used for recycling collection.
All trash and recyclables are to be collected before 3 PM. Trash cans and recycling totes are to be placed upright and not obstruct the sidewalk or driveway. A clear explanatory notice is to be left with material which is not collected. Town hall should be notified in the event the preceding does not occur.
Each address is allowed one FREE Bulk Waste Collection of up to three items (i.e. mattresses and box springs, furniture, rugs) per quarter.
Click here or call 410-590-6484 to schedule bulk pick ups.
Special Collections – Major appliances, fixtures, hot water heaters – you must call Bates directly and there is a charge for these items.
For special collections (i.e., major / large appliances, building / construction materials (call for special price quote) and fixtures, furnaces, hot water heaters, metal fencing – you must call at least 5 business days in advance. There will be a fee for these items.
Bates Disposal & Recycling
Schedule Bulk Pick Up:
or Schedule Here
19200 Jerusalem Road
The Beauty spot is operated by Montgomery County.
For those who have a need for more than one bulky pick up per quarter and have the ability to transport items they can be taken to the Beauty spot. Hours and items accepted can be found on their website.
We currently do single stream recycling, which simply means
all recycling items go in one container.
- Yard waste includes anything that grows naturally or falls from a tree
- Placed in either yard waste bags or a re-usable labeled container, not exceeding 45 lbs
- Branches less than 4 inches in diameter must be bundled in twine, bundles cannot be longer than 4 feet and 30 inches in diameter
- Christmas trees will be picked up every Wednesday in January
- No rocks, dirt, sod, root balls, tree stumps or lumber accepted
- Any item that has a significant amount of food residue on them
- Aerosol cans from hazardous products
- Any containers that held automotive products or hazardous materials
- Glass other than clear, brown or green, mirrors and window glass
- Plastic bags, film or wrap
- Non-bottle items from any type of #6 plastic
- Carbon paper, leather bound books
- Napkins, Paper Towels, Tissues
Don’t Throw It Out, Donate It
The Friendly Thrift Shop located at 17617 West Willard Road accepts donations of clothing and small household appliances. Other charitable organizations like Salvation Army, Purple Heart and Value Village will accept various items from clothing and furniture to automobiles.